Friday, May 21, 2010

Illogical ~ part three

Okay, I had to change POV to Jo's with the first scene. Couldn't get her dialogue right without doing that. So if it's a no-no, well just cringe, tell me, and move on... That and I didn plan on having it up yesterday, but I decided to edit it a bit more...

Criticize away.

Here it is...

Illogical Part Three.

Click. There was a brief moment before the slid open, but Jo didn't look. She didn't want to see what Miss. Haltbrook had told her that she would see. She didn't want to Alexsa, not now, not this way. She resisted the urge to wipe her tear away. That would only cause her more troubles... And she had had enough of those to last a life time...

“Jo?” Alexsa whispered, “Come on, we got to go, before they get here...”

“No, Alexsa,” Jo whispered fighting back the tears, “There's no way out of this hell hole.”

“You know there is,” Alexsa said rebuking her, as she hurried to kneel in front of Jo, “And I came here to offer it to you,” She started to pull something out of her back pocket, “But will you let me set you free?”

“Not for what it will cost you,” Jo answered staring back into her probing eyes, "I've caused you more then enough harm."

Alexsa grabbed Jo's hands with one of hers, “You have to. Other wise you're going to be their slave forever. That chip won't break down like you might be hoping it will. You do know that right ?” She asked unsure of her words. Jo just stared at Alexsa in horror.

“Yeah, though how'd you know about that?”

She sighed with relief, “You would never kill me, not the Jo that I know,” She muttered her hand felt something, “That and Anna told me about the thing in your head. The Demanded Obedience Chip- thing.” She looked to see what it was. Oh sweet Jesus, make her flee from these dust balls that call themselves humans!

“Anna?” Jo asked ignoring the what Alexsa had just found.

“Um, Yeah,” Alexsa pulled herself out of her confusion, “You should know her as Codename Apple's Worm. I prefer to call her Anna though.”

“I do to...” Jo muttered staring at her hand like Alexsa was.

“May I ask why are you missing a finger, Jo?” She asked, Jo's trigger finger was missing, there was just air there now.

“Because you're alive."

“I'm - I'm sorry, Jo,” She muttered staring, then a moment later, “Are you going to go now or later?”

“How do you know I'm going to leave? They didn't tell me I had to, and to let some one like you rot here...”

Alexsa just stared at her eyes pleading with her, but Jo looked away she held up Jo's injured hand, “Do you really need me to say?” Jo just stared at her, “And I do know the cost, Jo... I really do.”

A tear ran down Jo's cheek, and another tear soon mirrored on Alexsa cheek.

“Go now, Jo, run like the wind,” She shoved her phone into Jo's hands, “Hurry, and don't look back. This isn't a command, Jo, just my plea.”

Jo held the phone, weak in her hands, memories of Alexsa's love filled her mind, the little kid in mall lost and lonely, the beggar on the street, the widow right next door, the weeping children, and one question trembled on her lips, she forced it out, “Why?”

Alexsa just stared at her, hurt. Lonely.

“Run.”

And with that Alexsa stepped back against the wall, so that Jo could run away, run away from her life, from all that she knew, from the bad hand that life had given her. Just so Alexsa could have it instead.

She ran.

But she stopped in the hallway as the door closed behind her. She had heard a scream. Right when the door closed. It was Alexsa's. Jo pressed her ear against the wall and to listen, but she heard nothing.

The phone in her hands started to buzz, stirring her away from the door and into the vents.

As she closed the grate she answered the phone, “Alexsa? Where are you?” She heard the man on the other end yell immediately. Jo sat there a moment in shock.

Alexsa should be the one answering this... Not me.

“It's Josiah, sir,” She muttered, before hearing him sigh. Wither or not it was in relief she could not tell.

“Well then hurry! Get to the entrance, and don't dawdle! When you get there, call back me back, got it?” He said hurrying.

“Yep,” And then she hung up a moment after he did. Miss. Haltbrook would have STAB on high security alert now that she had Alexsa. She didn't want to lose either of them. Although she was willing to settle with Alexsa.

Jo crawled as fast she could, she knew the vents like the back of her hand, she would be out in no time.


~~~

Alexsa sat slumped against the wall, trying to recover from the electricity that had just coursed though her. Anna! Anna! Her mind screamed out over and over again, unsure of how the electricity might have effected her. She knew for sure though that she was pain.

After a moment Alexsa screamed, as the wall electrified its self again. As soon as it stopped, she crawled away from the wall, and just laid there in shock, twitching.

Swish. A door opened out of no where, and Alexsa looked up. She just stared at Miss. Haltbrook, who stood over her in haughty manner, “Welcome home, Apple's Worm,” She said she kneeled down, and whispered, “Please come out and play,” She leaned in closer to Alexsa's, “Other wise I kill the two of you now, slowly.” Alexsa ignored her, but she could slowly feel Anna taking over, she was causing Alexsa to pass out this time as well. Unless of course this is suspended death...

“Bye, Alexsa, I'm sorry...” And with that muttered Alexsa's eyes closed, and Anna took over completely. Miss. Haltbrook watched Alexsa's eyes turned to a darker green then ever before. Anna was home to play. She stood up and turned to face the wall. She nodded slightly.

“What do want with me?” Anna whispered waiting for Miss. Haltbrook's reply, “What do you want?!” She yelled after Miss. Haltbrook didn't turn to answer.

“You'll find out,” She growled, “But for now you need to rest and recover. I'll see you tonight at dinner. You should be able to find you're way around,” She finally turned back to Anna, “I'm going to send Philp to you though, this afternoon and he'll... set you up for our- service time with us,” She said, “I hope you do enjoy your stay with us.” And then she left with Anna watching.

Anna just laid there crying after Miss. Haltbrook left. What had she gotten into?





Hope you liked it...

3 comments:

  1. Good. ^_^
    You wait for them to tell me what happens. And since I'm curious as well we better hope tis soon...
    Give me month or a touch more, and then you'll find out.

    'Till then though you'll have to wait and deal with Alise. I like Alise. I hope you do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is good. :) I'm excited to see what happens too.

    Yelli

    ReplyDelete