Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jo's Cry

Okay I felt a touch bad that I had no fiction of any sort on here (That and it goes with tomorrow's Illogical), so I pulled this poem out of my stock of five, polished it a bit and I'm now posting it.

About the poem: The tittle Jo is because it's from my fictional character's point of view about the situation she's in. And since the name's not in the poem itself, it's in the tittle.
It's a prologue of sorts for the scene, Illogical. (Pardon how terrible it is. Hopefully my prose will be better. :) )


Jo
Used and Abused
Mistreated and forgotten
No one knows my pain

I'm forgotten
my pains are unknown
I'm twisted and abused
For many misuse me,

For They don't care about me
They just want to used me
And they do...


I saw hope bestowed to the hopeless
but I was still hopeless
I saw Love given to the most hated
but I was still unloved
I saw Joy show on the faces of the hurt
"But what is Joy?" I ask
I saw Mercy given to Merciless
But I've never felt it.

But then I met Alexsa...

She cared about Me.
Me! Of all people.
She tried to show me
what Mercy was
She tried to show me
what Love was
She tried to show me
what Joy was
But I turned her down...
She didn't know me
She didn't know my many sins
She couldn't understand them...
She didn't know who I was.

But She didn't care...
She knew my words
but still claimed her God would forgive me
Me!
Who would forgive me?
I'm a Liar to the one who never lied to me
I'm the murder of the one who tried to give me life
I'm the one promised to protect her
But I'm the one pulled the trigger
I killed the only one who ever dared to loved me...
And now she's dead...

If only I had a gun to end my own life ...

It would make it so much easier on every one else.

But still I wonder,
If her God
is the one of Miracles,
the one of Love,
For if so,
Why did He let me kill His servant?

And Would He really love me?

A betrayer?


I feel so bad for her. It's no wonder she doesn't talk to me that much. ;D

1 comment:

  1. The last sentences made me smile. I have characters like that too, but one brought it on himself.
    A raw, but still powerful poem.

    ReplyDelete